Sunday, April 10, 2011

Tenacious Tom

I was re~united with a Habitat for Humanity volunteer last night that helped build my house (among many other homes). This man is AMAZING! He is the one who has inspired me to volunteer and give back to my community.
He is in his 70's & his story seems unreal:  Physically, he's not in the best shape. He has had 3 hip replacements, cancerous tumor removed from his face, in and out of the doctors office, the list goes on and yet he is still going strong. He still builds homes despite his conditions. He doesn't have to, but he does. He gives his time, his knowledge, his sweat, his hard work, and to me he gave a little more. He never talked bad about the cards he had been dealt, instead he praised God for his life and looked forward to his future. He is a family man with kids & grand kids. He is a giving back man with a heart that shows others that anything is possible.  His attitude towards life and his faith are one in a million! His determination and love to help others is so inspiring and honest that it made me stop and question, "What's holding ME back from Giving Back"?
Tenacious Tom, you have given me a gift that I cant thank you enough for. God is using you in such an awesome way & I'm so glad I got the chance to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment